2015-03-22

#2 Using learner dictionary

I had five words confusing to me below, and I used learner dictionary searching their definitions.

Strain :a feeling of being worried and nervous about something

              Sentence : The strain of the last few months had exhausted her.
Swap : to give something to someone and get something from them in return

              Sentence :Would you mind swapping places with me?
Reinforce : to make something stronger

              Sentence :A security door reinforced by steel bars reinforced concrete.
Commuter : someone who regularly travels between work and home

              Sentence :The train was packed with commuters.
Preferable : better or more suitable


              Sentence :Staying at home is preferable to going out with someone you don't like.

I think learner dictionary is better than Google or yahoo which I used to use.
Learner dictionary is specific and I like learning English with their meanings.

I'm glad that I have a new tool to learn English.

No comments:

Post a Comment